Welcome to my journey

We have come a long way already. I hope you will join me for the rest of the ride.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday, June 16th

When it rains it pours, with good news and happenings in this case.
  The day started with the kids (Paige, Robert & Noelle) & I  going to a business meeting with Bob A. from S.C.O.R.E. Very interesting have a meeting with children.  They well behaved for the most part and Paige even put in her two cents every now and again. Bob knows a member of the S.C.O.R.E. group who has worked with non profits before. She & I will be getting together in the very near future to work on the 1023 for a 501(c)3 application. It's 30 pages long. I will meet with the KIDZ board President prior to meeting with Connie(I think that was her name I have written down my notebook) Carrie & I will do as much of the app as we can and then have Connie look it over for us.

Later today I meet with Beryl who will be heading up the marketing and advertising of KIDZ. She writes press releases and knows all the up to date ways to get your business noticed. This meeting was held at my house with my three kids and her three kids all about the same ages play all around us.  It was a great day.

The bylaws for KIDZ have also been written and going to be review by the KIDZ lawyers for finial approval.
Then I received two emails from the GlobalGivings foundation:

#1:
HI Kim,
We have added your project to the list of recommended approvals for Pepsi. THey will review the list on Friday and let us know (Fri or Monday) which projects have been officially approved. At that time we will sign your agreement and send you a copy for your records. We will also introduce you to another project manager who can assist you with your project. Finally we will begin processing your first dirsbursement.
More details will be sent before Monday. Stay tuned!
Sincerely,
Linda
GlobalGiving Refresh Grant Team
 
#2:
Hi Kimberly,

Did your Pepsi Refresh application contain photographs or video? Pepsi's PR partners are looking for opportunities to highlight your project through various media avenues. Please reply to this email and attach any raw video or photographs from your application.  Please note that only original files can be used; links to websites such as Youtube or photo sharing sights such as Flickr cannot be used.  If you have a file that is too large to attach to an email we can find another way for you to send it.

As of now, there is no deadline, but the sooner you can send them the better.

Thanks,
The Pepsi Refresh Team
GlobalGiving Foundation

Cooper Breeden
Grants Associate  ||  GlobalGiving Foundation  ||  Pepsi Refresh Project
 
This is all very exciting.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring!!

1 comment:

  1. Wooo Hooooo, it's sounds great and I am so proud of you and all you are doing. I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete